Directed by Emmy Award-winning filmmakers Dan Geller and Dayna Goldfine, SOMETHING VENTURED tells the story of the creation of an industry that went on to become the single greatest engine of innovation and economic growth in the 20th century.
It is told by the visionary risk-takers who dared to make it happen: Tom Perkins, Don Valentine, Arthur Rock, and others. The film also includes some of our finest entrepreneurs sharing how they worked with these venture capitalists to grow world-class companies like Apple, Intel, Cisco, Atari, Genentech, Tandem, and others.
Beginning in the late ‘50s, this small group of high rollers fostered a one-of-a-kind business culture that encouraged extraordinary risk and made possible unprecedented rewards. They laid the groundwork for America’s start-up economy, providing not just the capital but the guidance to allow seedling companies to reach their full potential. Our lives would be dramatically different without the contributions these venture capitalists made to the creation of PCs, the Internet, and life-saving drugs.
Co-produced by Paul Holland and Molly Davis, SOMETHING VENTURED has reached millions through:
- International premiere at South by Southwest Film Festival
- National PBS broadcast
- Streaming on Amazon Prime, Netflix, and AppleTV
- Screenings at 100+ private and corporate events
- Screenings for students at universities worldwide
- Screenings at film festivals around the world
- Dedicated archive at The Smithsonian and Stanford University